The diet targets FIVE ASPECTS of your health to help you gain victory over any illness:
- Decreases Inflammation – Most diseases today are due to inflammation. Inflammation damages your cells and arterials walls and causes High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Arthritis, and digestive disorders like Crohn’s disease to name a few. By reducing inflammation your body is better able to heal from any disease.
- Alkalizes body – Your body should have an average pH of 7.36. A can of soda literally has a pH of 2.5 and it would take approximately 30 glasses of water just to balance things out. Green vegetable juices like wheat grass and spinach help restore the body’s proper pH. All diseases including infections, Osteoporosis and Cancer thrive in an acidic environment. By alkalizing your body your cells can heal and regenerate at the highest level.
- Lowers blood glucose – One of the primary causes of Diabetes and weight gain are burnt out and insulin receptors. By lowering blood glucose levels, insulin receptors can heal and your body can begin to produce normal amounts of insulin to heal diabetes and leptin for weight loss.
- Eliminates Toxins – Toxicity has become epidemic in or society today and is a major cause of our increase in hormonal imbalance and autoimmune diseases. The diet helps problems like female disorders, infertility, hypothyroidism and headaches by balancing hormones and helps in reversal of autoimmune diseases like Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Alzheimer’s, and Autism.
- Optimum Nutrients – Many of today’s illnesses are due to nutritional deficiencies. Most of the foods we eat today are processed and stripped of all vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and enzymes. This diet slows the aging process, improves mental capacity, and increases energy levels.
1. Removing the BAD FATS – Replacing them with GOOD FATS.
Foods on the Healing Foods Diet
|Nuts & Seeds (raw is best)|
|Walnuts||Macadamia nuts||Brazil nuts|
|Pine nuts||Pumpkin Seeds||Flaxseeds|
|Hempseeds||Chia seeds||NO peanuts (biotoxic and high omega-6)|
|Black beans||Adzuki beans||Kidney beans|
|Pinto beans||White beans||Lima beans|
|Blackberries||Acai Berries||Goji Berries|
|Fruits (to be eaten in moderation)|
|Dairy (raw is best)|
|Goats milk||Goats milk yogurt||Goats milk cheese|
|Fats & Oils (organic is best)|
|Grapeseed Oil||Olive Oil||Flaxseed Oil|
|Hempseed Oil||Pumpkin Seed Oil||Borage Oil (GLA)|
|Fish Oil||Cod Liver Oil||Avocado Oil|
|Vegetables (high fiber and low glycemic)|
|Grasses (wheat and barley)||Green beans||Green lettuces|
|Heart of palm||Kale||Mushrooms|
|Vegetables (to be eaten in moderation)|
|Chick peas (garbanzo)||Legumes||Leeks|
|Pumpkin||Squash (acorn, butternut, winter, summer, spaghetti)||Tomatoes|
|Meats/Protein (all-natural poultry and grass-fed meat)|
|Eggs (cage free)||Fish (wild caught)||Chicken|
|Lower fiber Carbohydrates (NOT on Healing Foods Diet, but on Basic Diet)|
|Buckwheat||Corn (non-GMO)||Ezekiel bread|
|Sprouted grains||Steel cut oats||Sweet Potatoes or Yams|
|Sea Salt (Celtic, Himalayan, or sea)||Apple cider vinegar||Balsamic vinegar|
|Mustard||Organic flavorings (vanilla, almond, etc.)||Vegenaise w/ grapeseed oil|
|Cocoa and Carob||Herbs and spices (basil, rosemary, curry, cinnamon, etc.)s||Soy sauce (wheat free),
|Sweeteners (NOT on Healing Foods Diet, but on Basic Diet)|
|Raw Honey (unheated in small amounts)||* Maple syrup grade A or B|
|Brown rice syrup|
|Purified, non-chlorinated water||Natural sparkling water, no carbonation added (Pellegrino)||Herbal Teas (unsweetened preferably organic)|
|Raw Vegetable juices||Raw lemonade (Stevia, lemons and water)||Fermented drinks|
* Agave Nectar has been found inappropriate for healing diet or basic diet. Please research dangers of agave nectar.
** Braggs liquid aminos is undergoing more research as the process for creating the liquid base is related to the production of monosodium glutemate. Do your own research.