The following section will offer some simple natural remedies to help soothe the discomfort of kidney stones, as well as speed up the body’s natural healing process.
1. Lemon Juice, Olive Oil & Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
This is one of my favorites and easily one of the most effective remedies for kidney stones and the pain you may be experiencing. At the first symptom of stone pain, start by mixing 2 oz of organic olive oil with 2 oz of organic lemon juice.
Drink it straight down and follow with a 12 ounce glass of purified water. Wait 30 minutes. Then, squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon in 12 ounces of purified water, add 1 tablespoon of organic raw apple cider vinegar and drink. Repeat the lemon juice, water and apple cider vinegar recipe every hour until symptoms improve.
2. Uva Ursi
3. Dandelion RootOrganic dandelion root is another great overall kidney tonic and cleanser. Taking up to 500 mg twice a day may be beneficial.
4. Kidney Beans
The shape of this bean may be indicative of its healing potential. An effective urinary home remedy for kidney stones, traditionally the pods where used as a medicinal decoction.
Try removing the beans from inside the pods, and then boiling the pods in purified hot water for six hours. This liquid can be strained through cheese cloth, cooled and taken throughout the day for one day to ease kidney stone pain.
5. HorsetailA diuretic, horsetail tea is another effective natural remedy for kidney stones. Drink up to 3-4 cups of horsetail tea daily, or 2 grams of the herb in capsule form daily.
6. Pomegranate JuiceWe all probably know that pomegranates have many health benefits. But, more specifically, the seeds and juice of pomegranates can be considered another natural remedy for kidney stones. This may be related to their sour and astringent properties. Try eating organic pomegranates or drinking freshly-squeezed pomegranate juice.
7. MagnesiumStudies show that people with recurrent kidney stones who took magnesium supplements had a 92.3 percent improvement rate in reduction of kidney stones. 300 mg of magnesium orotate is recommended daily for prevention and reduction of stones.
8. Organic Celery
Both the vegetable and the celery seed are great diuretics and kidney tonics. Regular use of celery seed, both as a spice and a tea may prevent kidney stone formation.
9. BasilA kidney tonififer, basil tea can be taken throughout the day for overall kidney health. If you have kidney stones try taking one teaspoon each of basil juice with raw honey daily for up to six months. It’s believed that folk remedies with pure basil juice can help induce stone expulsion from the urinary tract.
10. Change in Diet
I would also recommend reading the book “The Green Body Cleanse” to learn how to avoid kidney stone forming foods and beverages.
Please remember, the remedies for kidney stones listed above are not intended to replace medical care. If you’re experiencing alot of pain from kidney stones, it would be wise to go see your doctor immediately. For optimal health, I would also highly recommend doing a colon cleanse, liver and gallbladder cleanse, chemical and heavy metal cleanse and even harmful organism cleanse at least 1-2 times a year.
Do you have a favorite kidney stone remedy that I missed? If so, please share it in the comments section below.